Skip to main content

Reveal Unto Me My Maiden

And it was an idle day Sunday. I had just returned from church, and had subsequently attacked a large bowl of rice. 
Full of life, I lifted up my voice to heaven saying "Father, thank you for the rice. I am grateful. You know, you know whats good for me. My heart is weary and I am tired of school. Reveal now unto me the maiden which you have destined as the better half of me as my inheritance that I may go and lay my claims. School is such a drag, the earth is fertile, the land is green and the rains have come. Farming appeals to me more. I and the maiden which you shall give unto me shall till the earth and live upon the abundance thereof. We shall multiply and fill the earth, for out of my loins shall emerge seven sons and seven daughters, and my daughters shall be the fairest in the land. My sons shall be great warriors and shall be of great might after their father. 

Reveal, unto me the maiden for my hut is built and my compound is ready. The fast paced life of modernism has worn me out, cancer and heart disease abounds hither and thither. I would love to go rural, my maiden and I shall feed from the fresh fruits of the land devoid of all corruption, with a flock of sheep for companionship. 

Where ever she may be reveal her unto me, Amen". 

Then I took my phone and went for a walk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigerian banks: So much hype, so little groundwork.

This events chronicled herein truly occurred as the world spun past this morning. Today I took it upon myself to pay up all individuals and groups I was indebted to. This involved visiting three big time Nigerian banks. These transactions which could have simply been carried out with my PC, had to be done the old school way because online transactions are not common (no one I know has ever used the system), hence it could n''t be trusted. Aside the long queues and the ages it took to get served, these banks are are quite in contrast with what you'd see in the slick adverts on CNN or NTA (Nigerian Banks do ads on CNN). The staff are not that friendly, and you can waste a lot of productive time just waiting for your turn ( I kill time watching TV whenever I visit a bank) In one of the Banks I visited, (this bank boasts of ''Pan- African ess'' ) the bulk room where I went to pay in money was desecrated with graffiti on the side boards. Yes! Graffiti, scr...

Falling: Of Risks and Losses

Credit: Jerry X Based on true life events The events described herein happened to a bosom friend of mine. It is with his sad commission that I share this story. He believes that by some stroke of good fortune, this story could be a way out of his sadness. This the story of my beloved friend whom I shall not name to protect his identity. My friend met this lady at a professional engagement about this time last year. In his words “I caught sight of her when she stood up to introduce herself. She just stood out from the crowd. She was not just beautiful but she spoke intelligently. I knew if I did not get her number, I'd have fallen hand”. He further confided that I served as extra motivation. That he knew that if he let her go, I'd not tolerate any made up stories. While I feel humbled, I must clarify that I do not push my friends to go a-philandering. I just detest sloppiness, timidity and inferiority complex. So when my friend brought news of his new acqu...

Ultimate Tips for Naija Living

Today I commence a series of posts geared to give the reader tips that will assist in guaranteeing her/his safety as she/he navigates the daily Naija life. This tips are from nearly two decades of Naija living experience. Big shout out to El-Nathan John, his "How to" series inspired these. Please Enjoy! Tips for Naija Living                                                                                                                                      I   Do you have dreams of delving the ‘murky ‘waters of Naija politics? Here is a quick tip for you; this tip would come in most handy if your area of interest is Naija legislative politics...